Whyke and Arundel Park Eco Weekends
Eco Trail: On Saturday 26th September from 11 am – 3 pm
Please join us for our Eco Trail around our community to find out more about electric cars, solar panels, ethical banking, recycling, composting, wildflowers, Co-Wheels Car Club, paper cups, air pollution and reducing packaging etc….
There’s a Family Quiz with prizes from Wagtail Coffee & Yoga (tea and cake) and from Refilled Chichester for those people who take part in the quiz and return their answers to 69 Lyndhurst Road. Please visit each station in the list below to find the questions. Or you can just visit the stations you are interested in to find out more about living in a more environmentally friendly and people-friendly way.
Our Eco Trail Stations:
- Keep Cups – Wagtail Coffee & Yoga, behind Eastgate Square near St Pancras Church
- Reducing Plastic Packaging – Refilled Chichester @ Draper’s Yard, 16 The Hornet
- Electric Cars – 13 Whyke Lane
- Join the Whyke Residents’ Association and hand in your quiz – 69 Lyndhurst Rd
- Cycling – 58 Lyndhurst Rd – accompanied tours on the hour
- Solar Panels – Dorset House, 46 Cleveland Road
- Sharing Telephone Box – Mainline, Whyke Road – book exchange
- Co-Wheels Car Club – near 52 York Road https://www.co-wheels.org.uk/ 0191 375 1050
- Washing – 28 Royal Close
- Recycling – 73 Grove Road
- Food sharing and sharing allotment produce –120 Whyke Road
- Wildflowers – 54 Hay Road or on the Oval – free seeds to give away
- Trees – Whyke Orchard, off Exton Road, PO19 8FT
- Composting – Opposite 6 Dallaway Road, (back of 120 Whyke Road)
- Ethical Money – 127 Whyke Road
- Anti-Idling / Air Pollution – barriers south side of Whyke Road / near Muchos Nachos
- Community Speedwatch – 97 Bognor Road
Wildflower Planting (and Grass Clearing to make space for the flowers)
We’ll be organising six sessions to clear the grass and plant wildflowers on our 3 parks. Due to Covid restrictions please register in advance that you would like to attend a session. We can only have 5 people for each hour. I have wildflower seeds and compost to share out. If you have any small tools, gardening gloves, mask and gel please bring them along. Please register here: firstname.lastname@example.org 07789 843556 / 01243 790077 or via Whyke Residents’ Facebook page.
Saturday 3rd Oct 10.30 – 11.30 and 11.30 – 12.30 and Sunday 4th Oct 3-4 and 4-5 pm
Saturday 10th Oct 10.30 – 11.30 and 11.30 – 12.30 and Sunday 11th Oct 3-4 and 4-5 pm
Saturday 17th Oct 10.30 – 11.30 and 11.30 – 12.30 and Sunday 18th Oct 3-4 and 4-5 pm
Whyke and Arundel Park Yard Sale
Saturday 24th October 11 am – 3 pm
Do you need to de- clutter? Would you like to hold a yard sale on your drive, front garden or near your flat/house? If you would like to take part please register in advance so that we can make a map of households taking part. Please register with Sarah Sharp at 13 Whyke Lane for a suggested donation of £3 (minimum donation of £1 if money is an issue). Drop your donation through the door in an envelope marked with your name and address and contact details (in case we have to cancel). Donations cover printing costs. On the day you can sell toys, clothes, plants, cakes or household items. You can raise money for yourself or for charity. Please decorate your stall and make sure that we keep to Covid Guidelines at all times wearing masks, using gel and keeping to the limits of six people at any one time at a stall.
Fancy a Chat? We meet regularly at Wagtail Coffee & Yoga behind Eastgate Square near St Pancras Church from 4 – 5 pm on Tuesdays. Please register in advance if you can. Due to Covid restrictions we will be running small, micro cafes if we have over 6 people. Keep connected with others at this difficult time.
Help and Support
- Mayor’s Hardship Fund : 07740 621812
- CAP Helpline : 0800 328 0006 for help with debt
- Digital Inclusion : Connecting Chichester residents with recycled tablets, laptops, phones etc. Please leave a message on 01243 786514.
- Don’t suffer in a cold home! If you live in Chichester District you can call Wellbeing Home on 01903 737 862 or send an email to email@example.com to find out about getting your home improved.
For more information on any of these schemes please join the Whyke Residents Facebook page or contact Sarah Sharp 01243 790077 / 07789 843556 / firstname.lastname@example.org, 13 Whyke Lane, Chi, PO19 7UR.
Full details in the link below: