The government has taken the decision for churches to open their doors for private prayer as of Monday 15th June. To this aim the churchwardens and representatives of the PCC have met and agreed on the following:
- Before opening, the church will have been cleaned on advice received.
- For the foreseeable future soft and hard toys will be cleaned and then removed for safe keeping.
- Notices / posters will be produced informing of opening hours and advising visitors to keep acceptable distance from others and to use the provided hand sanitiser where appropriate.
- Hymn books and service books will be covered over – not to be used.
- All seat cushions will be removed for the foreseeable future.
- The South porch doors will remain closed.
- Tea-light candles will be available for those who would like to light a candle.
Times when St George’s Church, including the Lady Chapel will be open for private prayer
With the church in interregnum, initially we will arrange for the double West doors to be open as follows:
- Tuesdays – 10:30 – 16:30 (Commencing on Tues 16th June)
- Thursdays – 10:30 – 16:30
- Saturdays – 09:30 – 12:00
- Sundays – 09:30 – 12:00