The night before he died, Jesus gave his disciples a simple instruction – “do this in remembrance of me”. Throughout the centuries, Christians have gathered, faithful to Jesus’ teaching, to share in the wonderful life-giving communion of his body and blood. So the Mass – the source and summit of our Christian witness, mission and teaching – is central to our life together at St George’s.
Masses on Sundays and Solemnities
- Our main Sunday Mass is the 10am Sung Parish Mass – a beautiful, sung service, with a sermon, hymns and choir. The Mass lasts about an hour.
- At 8am every Sunday, we have a simple said Mass in our Lady Chapel, with readings, prayers and a short sermon. This lasts about 40 minutes.
- Sung Masses are usually celebrated for major feasts at 7.30pm. But please do check our bulletin for full details.
- We have a peaceful and prayerful Lady Chapel at St George’s, where Mass is celebrated most days of the week.
- Mass is said on Mondays at 5.30pm (preceded by the Holy Rosary at 5pm), Tuesdays at noon, Wednesdays at 9.30am and Thursdays at 7pm.